Tuesday 27 April 2010

PP2: Creating an experimental Portfolio

Spring

For our PP2 module, we were asked to explore the different genres withing photography and choose one to expand on and then create an experimental portfolio based on this genre.

At first I didn't really know what genre to do. I love portraiture more than anything else, but I wanted to push myself to do something different as I felt that had I done what I normally do, I'd be missing the point of the brief. I wanted to expand myself, not to continue with something that I already do.

I went through a long string of genres: film noir, fashion, landscape, fashion, environmental portraiture, environmental fashion, etc. before I decided upon macro. Macro is a genre that has interested me in the past, but I wanted to get a bit deeper and really explore the possibilities that are available.

During my investigation into Macro, I kept a sketchbook to document my progress. I looked at the work of other photographers, particularly Mike Muizebelt.

I did several shoots, and eventually picked these (amongst others) for my final ten.
[Click on image to view larger]

Cacti

Pointacular

March10 Exhibition

Portrait of a Plant

No comments:

Post a Comment