Thursday 17 December 2009

Food shoot

Brief: To photograph an item of food to make it look as appealing as possible. Props are to be used. Any technical resources can be used.

This i feel has been the least successful of my college briefs to date. I blame part of this on the copious journey I must partake in to get to college each day, as it is not the most ideal way to transport a prepared meal. Also, there are no facilities at college to prepare the food, which complicates matters further. This aside, I do feel like I could have made a stronger effort to produce a better shot.

I shot an apple pie on a blue square plate with single cream. I think my choice of food was what made the photos so unsuccessful. Firstly the apple pie was a cheap £1 pie from the coop. It was nasty. I should have splashed out on a more expensive, more appetising food product (though to be fair, I was dealing with finance issues at the time). The blue plate was fine, but I should have used more props as the shot looked empty and boring. Instead of using single cream, double cream would have worked better, for the simple fact that it would have been thicker and covered the pie more sufficiently.


No comments:

Post a Comment