Friday 30 October 2009

Personal Development

I was reading the Strobist blog the other day, and there was a little bit about Joey Lawrence, who is a commercial photographer from the states. It mentioned that he shot the movie posters for ‘twilight’ when he was just 18 (he’s 19 now) and it made me realise how slowly I’m going. I want to try and achieve something on par with him before I turn 19, it may be a little unrealistic, but there’s no such thing as being too ambitious, is there? I desperately need to start shooting more. I’ve slowed down a lot recently. I also need to plan out shots a lot more than I have previously, and think about what I’m trying to achieve, and the concept, rather than just trying to get a perfect lighting set up. I have realise that far too much of my efforts have been going into lighting and I’ve been neglecting the other essential elements of photography such as composition and subject interest. So the other day I was trying out some shots with just one flash, but concentrating more on the other elements. I am very pleased with the outcome. This is how they turned out, any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Stacey

Stacey
(Click on the photos for a better view)

No comments:

Post a Comment