Thursday 26 November 2009

First Year Dancer

The first year dancer shoot was very similar to the second year
shoot, in terms of the brief and what I was looking to achieve. The
brief was to produce a set of images in a few different situations:
1. Studio shots- against a black/white seamless to show some dance
moves and some general poses.
2. Dance studio shots- taken in the dance studio, shots of them in
their dancing gear doing specific positions.
3. Location shots- taken at a location of our choice, to show a bit
of the dancers personaltity.
The purpose of the shoot was so that I could demonstrate my
understanding of digital workflow and write about it in the second
part of my technical file. I had to shoot entirely in RAW and shoot
tethered to a computer for part of it. I had to fully plan every step
of the shoot as well, which I was pleased to find went perfectly as a
result.The dancer that I shot for this brief, Emily, I feel was easier to
work with than the second year dancers. I think this might be down to
the fact that there were two of them to shoot so my
concentration/efforts were split between the two. I do feel however
that Emily was more outgoing, and this helped the shoot flow more
smoothly.

I am very pleased with the outcome of the shoot. Not only do I feel
like I have created some strong images for my portfolio, but I feel
like I have learnt several valuable lessons in how much goes into a
shoot such as all the preparation involved and how much goes into
putting one together. Both before and after the actual shooting
phase.

If I were to shoot this brief again, I would probabily have spent a
little more time on location taking some more shots in a wider
variety of locations. This said, I am very pleased with the location
shots I took and feel they are good enough to be used in my portfolio
(which they currently are).

No comments:

Post a Comment